small fish, big f'in pond

Monday, October 23, 2006

Work ... eating ... life ... so ... tired ...

WCSiNx's car reviews part 1:

When I first came up to DC for training, the rental I got was a Chevy HHR. Now anyone that knows me will tell you I am indeed a Chevy bowtie kinda guy, but I just simply can't justify this brain-fart afterbirth of a vehicle called the HHR. Where to start ...

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2007/chevrolet/hhr/index.html

This car by far had the worst visibility I've ever experienced. The glass surface was just plain small being surrounded by HUGE thick padded pillars everywhere you looked. The blindspots created by this setup were unbearable. It felt like I was looking through a series of peepholes as I tried to drive.

Power - none, granted it's rental and as such will typically have the lowest drivetrain trim, but I was getting laughed at by mopeds and lawnmowers.

Handling - none, think .. pig on rollerskates.

Ergonomics/Interior - actually not half bad. I think GM is finally learning that people want interiors resembling something other than the inside of a refrigerator from 1973. The seats were very comfy and control placement was quite natural. It did take me awhile to figure out that the rear hatch opened with a button press where normally there would be a handle/latch. I just don't see the logic of using an electric switch to activate an electric servo that's literally 1.5 feet away from the switch. Hello? How is this better than a manual latch? More stuff to break? Yay?

Overall 2/10

Who buys these things?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home